Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
The Buena Vista University Graduate & Professional Studies Program will award up to $40,000 in scholarships annually across all Graduate & Professional locations. Eligible students will receive a scholarship in the amount of $200 per term for a total of 8 terms with a maximum award of $1600 per student.New applicants are required to:
- Submit a completed 2015-16 scholarship application. Applications must be received prior to the term start date. (2014-15 application)
- Be a member in good standing of Phi theta Kappa International Honor Society at the time of their community college enrollment and submit documentation of that membership. The application contains a section for verification from their chapter advisor or community college Registrar.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative transfer GPA of 3.50, including all colleges attended.
- Final student transcripts must verify a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.50 and 56 transferable hours.
- Enroll as a new, full-time student with BVU and remain full-time in consecutive terms. Fulltime is 6 hours per term or more.
- Applicants must have graduated with an Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of Applied Studies, or Associate of Applied Arts degree. Students who have previously earned a Bachelor's degree are not eligible to receive the Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship. Student must transfer directly to BVU from the community college without sitting out a semester (summer semester not included).
- PTK scholarship application, PTK membership documentation, and application for admission must arrive in the BVU Office prior to the start date of the student’s first BVU term. Transcripts from all colleges attended must be received and official evaluation of all transcripts must be completed by the end of the applicant’s first semester or the award will be rescinded.
- Students who have earned a bachelor’s degree, international students, and students who will attend BVU on a part-time basis are not eligible for this scholarship.
Renewal applicants are required to:
- Submit 2015-16 renewable scholarship aplication – must apply once per academic year prior to the 1st term attending (2014-15 rewnewal application)
- Maintain cum GPA of 3.0 or higher – if the student drops below the 3.0, they are no longer eligible for PTK for future terms.
- Maintain full-time continuous enrollment each term - if the student drops below full-time status in a term, or sits out a term are no longer eligible for PTK for future terms.
- If a student withdraws any time in a term which changes their enrollment status to less than fulltime, PTK is removed for that term and the remainder of the academic year. A student may appeal termination of this scholarship due to less than full-time enrollment caused by personal illness or injury, loss of a family member, or other circumstances beyond their control
- Applications will be reviewed continuously throughout the academic year for upcoming terms.
- Awards will be made on a rolling, first-come, first-served basis.