Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
The Buena Vista University Graduate & Professional Studies Program will award up to $40,000 in scholarships annually across all Graduate & Professional locations. Eligible full-time students starting with BVU in 2015-16 will be considered to receive a scholarship in the amount of $200 per term for a total of 8 terms with a maximum award of $1600 per student.
- Submit a completed 2015-16 scholarship application. Applications must be received prior to the term start date.
- Transcripts from all colleges attended must be received and official evaluation of all transcripts must be completed by the end of the applicant’s first semester or the award will be rescinded.
- Students who have earned a previous bachelor’s degree and international students are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Be a member in good standing of Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society at the time of their community college enrollment and submit documentation of that membership. This application contains a section for verification from the chapter advisor or community college Registrar.
- Applicants must have graduated with an Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of Applied Studies, Associate of Professional Studies or Associate of Applied Arts degree.
Renewal Process and CGPA Requirement:
- PTK recipients will automatically be considered for renewal for the next consecutive academic year.
- PTK recipients must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
A student’s cumulative gpa will be checked by GPS coordinator after grades have posted for Term 4. Those students who do not have a 3.0 cgpa following Term 4 will be given Term 5 to bring their cgpa back to a 3.0 and they will be allowed to keep the scholarship during Terms 5 and 6. If the cgpa is not restored by the end of Term 5, a student’s financial aid award letter for Term 1 will be adjusted removing the scholarship and the student will not be eligible for future PTK Scholarship funds.
- Applications will be reviewed continuously throughout the academic year for upcoming terms.
- Awards will be made on a rolling, first-come, first-served basis until the funds are expended.