Buena Vista University encourages all community members to be responsible for their own safety and the security of others.
In addition to regular foot and vehicle patrols and 24-hour availability, Campus Security offers these services to assist students, faculty and staff:
- 24-Hour Escort Service: We provide this service to anyone who wishes to be escorted anywhere on campus 24 hours a day.
- Medical Transportation: We provide transportation to medical clinics to people who do not have transportation in non-emergency issues.
- Vehicle Assistance Program: We provide assistance in starting vehicles, opening locked doors, and flat tires.
- Transportation for Visitors With Limited Mobility: We provide shuttle transportation to visitors and attendees of BVU campus events who require special assistance.
For participation in one of these programs, please contact Campus Security at 712.749.2500.
On a regular basis, BVU provides programs designed to educate the community on issues such as:
- Crime Prevention
- Sexual Assault Awareness
- Personal Safety
- Fire Prevention
- Alcohol & Drug Abuse Prevention
To schedule a program, contact Campus Security at 712.749.2500.