Annual Awards: 10 full-tuition, four-year scholarships
In return, award-winning students will serve as Iowa College AmeriCorps volunteers in Buena Vista County communities to build on valuable personal, leadership, and professional skills. Up to six scholarships are designated for students who attend the Storm Lake or St. Mary's High Schools, and up to four scholarships will be for students who attend Sioux Central, Newell-Fonda, or Alta-Aurelia High Schools.
All Education for Service Scholarships have been awarded for students entering BVU during the 2018-19 academic year. We will accept applications from 2019-20 students in the fall.
AmeriCorps Volunteer Program
- Join a cohort of students to complete up to five hours of purposeful community service activities per week
- Attend enriching service-oriented retreats to broaden the meaning of service
- Participate in success coaching
- Choose from hands-on service opportunities, capacity building, and research on and off campus
To be eligible for this exciting new program, students must:
- Successfully graduate from one of the designated high schools.
- Earn a minimum of 3.0 cumulative GPA while completing a college prep curriculum.
- Be a first generation college student (neither parents nor guardians hold a bachelor’s degree).
- Be Federal Pell Grant and Iowa Tuition Grant (state) eligible.
Students planning to commute from home: we encourage you to apply as well!
An Affordable Opportunity
State and federal financial aid may be used to pay for room and board. Students will gain additional personal, leadership, and professional skills in decision-making, goal-setting, communication, and much more. To apply, all components of the BVU application for admission, FAFSA, and the Education for Service Full-Tuition Scholarship Application must be completed.