Have a question? BVU offers live reference chat during most library hours to our students, faculty and staff. Chat real-time with a librarian!
Library Resources & Services for Students
The BVU Library has made it a priority to provide high quality library resources and services to aid our students. Here are just a few of the services we offer.
- Over 60 databases in a wide array of subject areas that allow researchers to identify scholarly, popular or newspaper articles. Many of these databases also provide links to full-text journal articles.
- BVU Catalog provides the ability to search for the nearly 150,000 books and other materials we own. To place a "hold" on an item that is checked out, click the REQUEST button associated with that item.
- Reserve readings for courses are available at the Library Circulation Desk. Check your course syllabus to see if your professor has placed any materials on reserve.
- The ILLiad interlibrary loan service provides an online request service to order books, articles and audio-visual materials that are not available at the BVU Library. ILLiad provides BVU Library patrons with access to millions of items beyond the BVU Library collection, all available at no cost.
- Formal and informal library instruction sessions targeted to your research needs. We are available to meet with individuals, small groups, or entire classes.
- Personalized research help is available from trained reference librarians who want to see you succeed with your research! Librarians are available in person, over the phone, via chat or by email.
- A variety of comfortable study spaces is available throughout the library.
- Eight small-group studies and a larger seminar room that can accommodate up to 24 people and has projection capability are available. Rooms may be reserved by contacting the library 24-hours in advance.
- Public computers scattered throughout the library are fully equipped with all BVU-approved software and networked to campus printers.
- Multiple viewing stations are available to play audio-visual materials.
- Library blog provides announcements and news of interest to the BVU Community.
- Photocopiers are available. Copies cost 10 cents per page.
- A fax is available for sending or receiving documents. Outgoing domestic faxes cost $1 per page.
- We couldn’t stay open more than 90 hours a week without our student employees! If you qualify for work-study and are interested in working at the library, please stop by!