TLTC Student Video Dashboard
Student Guide to Video Dashboard
ANGEL carries a simple feature that allows you to record quick and simple video messages up to 10 minutes long on your computer that can then be sent via email to another user. This help guide will show you how to how to embed and record with Video Dashboard.
Adding the Video Dashboard is an easy process. Follow the steps below to add the Video Dashboard nugget to your home page.
- Log into ANGEL.
- Once you're in ANGEL, locate and click on Edit Page.
- Next, click Add Components in the top left-hand corner of ANGEL.
- In the little window that opens, scroll down until you find Video Dashboard. Select it and then click Add Selected.
- The nugget should be located at the bottom of the page. If you wish to move the nugget to a different part of your page you may do so by clicking and dragging the nugget to a different part of the screen.
- Click Save.
Recording with Video Dashboard is simple:
- Locate your Video Dashboard nugget and click on Launch Video Dashboard
- In another tab, Video Dashboard will open. Since you are already in ANGEL it will go ahead and log you in.
- Find Record Video in the orange ribbon at the top of the page and click on it. The Record video window will appear.
- Your webcam should automatically be detected. If video does not show up instantly, go to the webcam icon and select your webcam and click OK. Also, make sure your sound is on by clicking on the microphone icon. Select the correct input and then click OK. Now you are ready to record.
|Note: You may receive a pop-up window stating that you need to allow or deny camera or mic access for Adobe Flash Player. You may allow!.|
- Click Record. Once you are done recording, hit Stop. You will only be allowed to record for 10 minutes at a time!
- To watch your video, push Play. You can then preview the video.
Saving the video
Saving the video is beneficial because it allows you to go back to that video at any time, grab the embed code and put in in an email or in your course. To save the video:
- Click on Save.
- A short message will appear asking if you wish to create a short URL. If you click no, the video will be saved. If you click yes, a short URL will be created which you can copy by clicking on Copy to Clipboard.
- Next, another tiny window will appear telling you the URL was successfully copied to your clipboard.
- After being processed, the video should now show up in your Saved Videos.
Sending the video
If you just wish to send the video to a few people and do not need it for any other purpose, such as embedding it into an email, you may want to just send the video right after you record it. To email the video:
- Click on Send Video Mail.
- A new window will appear. Fill out the appropriate fields in order to email the message to the recipient of your choice.
- After filling out the fields, you may choose to send the video to yourself by selecting the box next to Send me a copy of the video.
- Click Send Video.
|Note: You can have videos self destruct after a given time or after a certain number of views. You can also have a copy of the video emailed to yourself of receive notification that it has been viewed.|
After you’re done recording you can click on the envelope icon with the triangle on it to send via email, but you will have to know the person’s or people’s email address. Another way to send a video by email is by embedding it into an ANGEL email itself.
- Under Saved Videos, which you can access through the orange ribbon at the top of the page, find Email under the Embed column and click on it.
Note: Keep in mind that you will have to have sent the video to yourself or someone else in order to access it under your saved videos.
- Next, click on Copy to Clipboard. This will allow you to paste the code into the email.
- Go to your inbox in ANGEL. Compose a new message. Below the message box is the HTML Editor button. Open it and then find the Source button and click on that.
- Paste the code and send the email. The video will show up in the email.
|Note:You will have to switch to the HTML Editor in order to embed the video into an email in ANGEL. After clicking on HTML Editor, located at the bottom left of the box you wish to type your message in, click on the Source button, paste, and then click on the Source button again if you wish to write message along with the video.|
You can also upload your own videos to the Video Dashboard. This will allow you to use the same embed features listed above for videos you have created outside of the Video Dashboard. Recorded videos have a ten minute time limit so keep this in mind when uploading your own videos to your dashboard.
- In the Video Dashboard, locate Upload Video in the orange ribbon at the top of the page and click on it
- Next, click on Browse. You can now browse the files on your computer for the video you wish to upload.
- Select your video and click on Open. The video will automatically start uploading. Uploading time depends on how large the file is. A message will pop up to tell you that it has successfully uploaded and that it will take a while to process. Click OK. After a few minutes, the video file should show up under Saved Videos.
Video Dashboard allows you to download videos sent to your email by downloading them within the dashboard itself.
- First, locate Inbox on the orange ribbon at the top of the page. Click on it.
- Inside your Inbox, click on the video you wish to download. The video will open up in a new window.
- At the bottom of the new window, click on the download icon.
- A New window will pop up asking you whether you wish to open or save the video. Select Save and click OK. After saving, you now how the video on your computer.
Who do I contact if I need more assistance?
If you find that you need any help, please feel free to contact the TLTC at 712.749.2359 or stop by. We are located next to the 2fix helpdesk.