TLTC Lockdown Browser
Setting up Lockdown Browser in ANGEL
In order to have students use Lockdown Browser, you will have to change some settings for your assessments in ANGEL You will need an assessment in order to use Lockdown Browser. Go to Adding and Managing Assessments if you need help building an assessment.
- Log into ANGEL and go into the course and the assessment you wish to use in Lockdown Browser.
- Inside the assessment, click on settings. Make sure you are viewing advanced settings and not normal settings.
- Next, to go the Access tab and scroll down to Internet Security. Click the arrow, it will show a drop-down menu.
- Select High-requires Respondus Lockdown Browser to enable Lockdown Browser.
You will also want to look under the Interactions tab for extra security:
- Delivery Settings: Lockdown Browser will only show the assessment within the program once the instructor makes it available for the rest of the class to see.
- Display Mode and Question Set Defaults: These settings will show up the same as they would if you were taking the test in ANGEL instead of Lockdown Browser.
- Submission Settings: If you do not want your students to be able to save where they are in the test and come back to it later, or wish for the test to only be taken once, you must make sure that the Show save button is unchecked. If you do not uncheck that button, students will be able to save their assessment wherever they are in it, exit Lockdown Browser, and come back to the test whenever they like.
Using Lockdown Browser
Now that the settings have been changed for Lockdown Browser, the assessment is now ready for students to use. Your students can go to Student Use of Lockdown Browser to learn how to install the program. Instructors do not need to download Lockdown Browser in order to use it.
Lockdown Browser Features
As mentioned before, students are not allowed to perform certain shortcuts that could benefit cheating. These shortcuts include:
- print screen
Also, students are not allowed to access their start menu, desktop, or taskbar while in Lockdown Browser and you cannot minimize the screen. This makes it almost impossible to cheat or get extra help on an assessment.
If, for any reason, the student has to leave Lockdown Browser or their computer crashed, Lockdown Browser will save what that student has completed on the test so far. It will save what the student has answered every few minutes so if the student has something happen to their computer that forced them to leave or not access Lockdown Browser during a test, they can sign back in and start where they left off.
When students are taking an assessment inside of Lockdown Browser, they are not allowed to exit the program until the assessment is complete. If there is a need to exit Lockdown Browser you may do so by following these steps:
- Inside of Lockdown Browser, find the "i" icon and click on it.
- Next, go to Proctor Options.
- A screen will come up asking you for the Exit Password. Once you enter the password, the student will be able to exit out of Lockdown Browser.
|Note: You must contact the TLTC in order to obtain the Exit Password.|