TLTC ANGEL Adding an Academic Assistant
Adding an Academic Assistant
Students are automatically enrolled in your course through the registrar, however, there may be some situations where you may want to add users manually, like academic assistants. This helpguide will assist you in adding academic assistants in your course with the appropriate rights.
- Log into ANGEL and navigate to your course. Once in the course, go to the Tools tab.
- In the Course Management box, go to Roster.
- Under the title, select Add User.
- This will bring up a search bar. Search for your academic assistant here.
- When the user’s name appears, click on Select.
- You will then be taken to the Enrollment Settings screen. From here you can adjust the rights and titles of the new user in your course.
|Note: The search engine will not search for both first and last name. You can search for first or last or username in the search engine.|
Depending on what the user you are adding is going to do, you may want to adjust the rights of the user.
- The default is Student, this will just treat the user as another student in the course.
- To give the user rights to the gradebook and nothing else, select Course Assistant.
- If you want to give the user administrative access to the gradebook and course items, you will want to change his or her rights to Course Editor.
If you are unsure of what rights you should give your academic assistant, please feel free to email the TLTC at email@example.com.