Teacher Education Program Checkpoints
The requirements of the Teacher Education Program are outlined in four checkpoints. These checkpoints serve as a guideline for students throughout their program as they move towards licensure.
In general, the checkpoints can be described as follows:
- Checkpoint I: Admission to the Teacher Education Program
- Checkpoint II: Teacher Education Program Progress
- Checkpoint III: Admission to Student Teaching
- Checkpoint IV: Licensure Requirements
Specific checkpoint requirements are dependent on which catalog/academic year that you began with Buena Vista University. The following documents will identify the requirements of the checkpoints for your program. If you are unsure of your program catalog, please contact your advisor.
- Teacher Education Program Checkpoints for students who began during 2015-16 or earlier
- Checkpoint Applications for Older Catalogs (2015-16 or earlier)