ARTICLE VII. POLICIES AND PROHIBITED CONDUCT
Illegal Drugs and Controlled Substances
Buena Vista University strictly forbids the possession, use, transfer and/or sales of illegal drugs whether on or off campus. The University does not provide sanctuary from the law, nor are students immune from legal investigation or arrest from law enforcement officials resulting from provisions below. Buena Vista University cannot and will not protect students, faculty, or staff from prosecution under federal, state, or local laws. Persons suspected of using illegal drugs or voluntarily being in the presence of their use may be subject to judicial action by the University.
This rule prohibits, but is not limited to, the following:
- Possession, use, or sale of drug paraphernalia (e.g. hookahs, rolling papers, bowls, pipes, bongs, vaporizers).
- Possession, use, distribution, sale, intent to sell, manufacture, or transfer of illegal, synthetic or non-prescribed narcotics, illegal drugs, hallucinogens, and counterfeit or controlled dangerous substances (e.g. Salvia, Ketamine, Spice/K2).
- Possession, use, sale, intention to sell, or distribution of legal drugs which were not prescribed to the person in possession.
- Misuse of prescribed drugs and/or over the counter drugs.
- Failure to take prescribed drugs or over the counter drugs as agreed in a contract.