To reserve a room for the 2017-2018 academic year, all currently enrolled students go through the room draw process. ALL students going through the room draw process must be registered for full-time status on BVU's Storm Lake campus for the Fall 2017 semester. The Office of Residence Life will verify this information so students do not need to provide any paperwork.
Tips to help make room draw a success for you
Deciding where to live is an important part of planning for the upcoming year. A positive living experience is critical to your success as a student. For these reasons, the Office of Residence Life strongly encourages you to take some time to look over the information included on this site thoroughly. Only by understanding the processes completely can you ensure the best-possible housing assignment for next year. Here are a few tips to help you prepare for room draw 2017.
1. Read ALL of the information included on this site. Although at this very moment you may only intend to participate in one or two specific parts of room draw, plans do change. Be prepared for last-minute developments.
2. Put all deadlines in your planner system and mark them boldly! Put reminders to yourself a couple days in advance so you remember when things are due. Deadlines in this process are adhered to strictly so don't wait until the last minute to take care of details.
3. If you are applying for a suite, be sure to select a responsible person to serve as your contact person. Information regarding assignment and room selection times from our office will be communicated only through your contact person. Therefore, it is critical that this person be VERY prompt and responsible. They should be someone who checks their campus mail and email every day!
4. Attend the floor meetings with your Resident Assistant. These meetings are designed to answer any questions you have about the room draw process.
5. If you don't understand any part of this process, than just ask for clarity. For more information be sure to ask the Director of Residence Life, your Residence Hall Director, a Community Coordinator, or a Resident Assistant. Our staff is here to help you through the room draw process.