Things to Bring...
Since dresser and closet space are limited, you may want to keep school break times in mind when you decide what to bring this trip.The first time the halls close during the fall semester is for Thanksgiving break. When you select clothing, keep in mind that most BVU settings are informal. You will also want to be prepared, however, for special occasions, recreational activities and outdoor weather.
Bed and Bath Linen
You will need to bring your own pillow, pillow cases, sheets, blankets, bedspread, towels and washcloths. BVU provides each student with a mattress pad. Most mattresses require extra long sheets, the exception are rooms in Swope hall in the middle sections. These mattresses are regular twin. These are room numbers 111-122, 211-231, 311-332.
Toiletries and Laundry Supplies
If space becomes critical when packing, these items are available locally. However, an initial supply will make the hectic period of the first week a little easier. Since the cost to use washers and dressers are included in tuition, coins and cards are not needed to run the machines.
- Alarm Clock
- Plastic plates and utensils
- Compact Refrigerator (mini fridge style)
- Robe/Shower Shoes
- Area Rug
- Recreational Equipment
- Hot air popcorn poppers
Pierce, White, Swope, Grand, and Liberty halls provide kitchen areas. Cooking is permitted in these areas and microwaves are available.
The following items are not allowed:
- Refrigerators exceeding 4.6 cubic feet including full sized refrigerators
- Toasters, toaster-ovens, small microwaves that exceed 700 watts
- Cooking utensils with open flames, exposed heating coils, flammable liquids or flammable compressed gases, or those that use cooking greases are not allowed: this includes but is not limited to grills used indoors, deep fryers, single burners, etc.
- Open element appliances, such as space heaters, immersion or kerosene heaters, hot plates, broilers, ovens, or electric skillet/fry pans, Pizzazz pizza ovens, etc.
- Standalone freezers (deep/chest freezers)
- Portable/Electric grills (George Forman-type)
- Sun lamps, halogen lamps, lava lamps, and neon signs
- Individual/Window air-conditioning units
- Outside antennae/satellite dishes
- Potpourri pots (candles and electric), candle warmers, and fragrance pots
- Candles (wickless or wicked)/Incense
The O-Team is a dedicated team of students who will assist freshmen with moving in as well as preparing them for classes and college life in general. They will be assisting with Summer Orientation in June and will be moving in early to assist with opening weekend.