The Office of Multicultural Engagement (OME) at Buena Vista University assists multicultural and international students with the transition to student life by fostering an environment that supports both personal and professional growth. By developing opportunities for students to learn and understand the importance of multiculturalism, the OME supports all students in broadening their perspective of diversity. The OME enhances the visibility and awareness of diversity within our campus community by creating opportunities for students, staff and faculty to come together for cultural exchange and celebration.
The Office of Multicultural Engagement works collaboratively with academic and co-curricular departments to promote student learning, development, and success through Educational Outreach, Social Justice & Cultural Programming, Support & Advocacy,and Community Building.
The programs and services of the Office of Multicultural Engagement are designed to:
- Assist multicultural and international students in reaching their highest level of academic potential and accomplishments.
- Foster a safe and supportive living and learning environment within which students can explore their own cultural identity.
- Assist multicultural and international students in their endeavor to graduate from Buena Vista University.
- Help multicultural and international students set and achieve realistic career goals.
- Develop and encourage strong relations and collaboration among multicultural group members.
- Educate the BVU campus community regarding the nature of a pluralistic society.