If you are looking to buy additional Apple or HP products to support your learning environment, we wish to help you get the cheapest price possible through each company’s respective store. By following these steps, you should be able to receive an academic discount.
You can visit Apple’s online store at http://store.apple.com/us.
- On the left navigation bar, look for the “Education Store” link.
- Towards the middle of the page, you should find a textbox asking for a school name, a city, a state, or a zipcode. You can simply enter “Buena Vista” to find our discount. Make sure the Higher Education option is selected below this text box. After making sure your information is correct, hit the search button next to the text box.
- Buena Vista University should be one of the results you receive. Click on it, and then hit the “Shop For Yourself” button below it.
- Prices will be automatically adjusted upon adding items to your shopping cart.
You can visit the HP website at http://www.hp.com/.
- Hover over the “Shop for Products & Services” option in the top portion of the website. You will see an option for “Government, Health & Education.” Click on the plus sign next to this option to expand a list of items for sale.
- Select the item you would like to purchase.
- You will be presented with a website with four drop-down boxes. You will want to use the one to the far right labeled “Higher Education.” You will want to select Iowa as your state. Click on the Go button to the right of this textbox to continue.
- You will be taken to a new page with general offers. We can apply one more option to get additional bonuses. In the dropdown box towards the middle of the page, you will see an option that reads “IA – STATE OF IOWA (WSCA/NASPO)”. Select this, and then press the button labeled with a double arrow (>>).
- Begin visiting items you would like to purchase. Make sure you hit the “Customize >>” button for each item you want. This will apply the State of Iowa education code to the item. Upon hitting “Add to Cart”, the discount will be applied to the item.