Policy Regarding Accounts on Computer Systems
Accounts allowing access on academic computer systems shall be permitted for the following classes of users:
- Category I:
- All faculty, staff, and administrators of Buena Vista University.
- All currently registered students of Buena Vista University.
- Category II:
- In addition, special accounts on centralized systems shall be granted to the following groups, with two conditions:
- that each of these special users renew their request annually for the service to be continued.
- that access during peak use times may be restricted during the academic year.
- BVU graduates for the 12 months immediately following graduation.
- The spouse of any faculty, staff or administrator. (Individual network accounts are not to be shared with anyone, including family members.)
- The children, age 10 and above, of any faculty, staff or administrator. (Individual network accounts are not to be shared with anyone, including family members.)
- Note: Special accounts have access to BVU standard software and information resources, including the Internet, when logging in via the campus network. Dial-in access is limited to e-mail only; full Internet access is not provided.