Changing Your BVU Password
Every few months, we require BVU systems users to update their passwords. However, a user may change their password at any given time. In order to complete this process, follow these steps:
- Click here and log on with your current username and password.
- On the left-hand side of the webpage, you will see a link called Change Password. Click on the link.
- If you do not see this link, it is because you have not set up your security questions. These questions are used to identify you when you have lost your password. Please fill out answers to the three questions and click on the Submit button at the bottom of the page. Once this is done, you should see the Change Password link to the left.
- Fill your old password into the Old Password textbox.
- Fill your new password into the New Password and Retype Password textboxes. By typing your password twice, you are less likely to forget your password. You will also have a great chance of spelling your password correctly in the future.
- Once you are satisfied with your new password, click on the Submit button.
- Reboot your computer. You must restart your computer after you have changed your password. Failure to do so will result in your account being locked. If you find yourself locked out of your account, please contact 2Fix as soon as possible.
Your new password must be at least 8 characters and must be something you have not used before. Remember—the more complex you make your password, the less vulnerable your account is to unauthorized users.
If you have any questions, please contact 2Fix by calling 712-749-2FIX or sending an e-mail to email@example.com.