Welcome to the Human Resources site for Buena Vista University. Please take advantage of the many features of our site.
Find the latest job openings from BVU. The listing includes Faculty, Staff, Adjunct Faculty, and Student openings.
Get the most up-to-date listing of BVU employee benefits.
Faculty, Staff, Students and Alumni are encouraged to nominate candidates for the 20th Annual Education for Service Award, to be presented at the Recognition Dinner on Friday, May 26th. To receive this annual outstanding service award established by John & Connie Klockentager for BVU staff members, an individual must be an excellent service role model for all employees at Buena Vista University. John Klockentager was the former Vice President for Enrollment & University Communications for 12 years, 1986-1998.
Criteria for a nominee include the following and should be considered when nominating a candidate:
• Helpful, friendly, caring person and strong role model for students, staff and faculty
• Strong leadership qualities
• Shown significant improvements in the quality of service, work or a process
• Goes above and beyond with service and assistance to students, fellow employees and other constituents
• Helps establish more efficient processes for students and the University
• Job performance is above and beyond expectations
• Nominee demonstrates the mission of the University
To nominate an individual please go to the following link www.bvu.edu/educationforservice and submit an online nomination by answering the following items:
1) Explain and give examples of how the nominee goes above and beyond with service and assistance to students, fellow employees and other constituents.
2) Explain and give examples of how the nominee established more efficient processes for students and the University.
3) Give examples of the nominee’s strong leadership qualities.
4) Explain how the nominee demonstrates the mission of the University; “We develop students for lifelong success through innovative and imaginative academic and professional preparation”.
5) Provide any additional information on why your nominee should be chosen as the next recipient for the Education for Service Award.
All nominations are due by Friday, March 31, 2017. All nomination forms are confidential. Recipient will receive a stipend to be used for his/her professional development, lapel pin or pendant and a framed certificate.
I want to inform you about a new training program that will be starting this month that is designed for new employees or employees that want to learn more about each department on campus. The training program is called Beaver Briefings- because each department is going to a give a ‘briefing’ about their department! I know when you first start it can be overwhelming to learn about all the departments on campus and the employees that make-up each department. It can also be difficult to get connected with new employees outside of a department. For you to become more connected, engaged and knowledgeable about BVU, I would like you to take part in a briefing session each month.
Meetings will be held from 3-4pm in Science 210 and will be available to OSG employees via telepresence at ext. 3866. Space is limited, so Storm Lake employees that prefer watching the training in their office can call ext. 3866. Contact 2FIX if you want the softphone feature added to Cisco Jabber. This will allow you to watch the training on your computer rather than on the video screen on your office phone. Trainings will be recorded and available on BeaverNET at later date.
The first training will be March 22nd at 3-4 PM in Science 210. The topic is Human Resources and Business Office.
You will need your smart phone, Ipad, or laptop for the HR session!