DPS Budget Transfer in 18 Easy Steps
You cannot use a mouse. This is all text oriented. User arrow and enter keys.
- Click on POISE — this maybe an icon at the bottom of your screen or you can find it in applications.
- Type username and password.
- At "$" sign, type DPS and hit enter.
- Arrow to "REQ" and hit enter.
- When REQ entry screen comes up, press F7. The requisition number and date are automatically entered for you.
- Request type: Type "BR" or enter F9 and scroll to budget transfer.
- Vendor: type 77777
- Leave blank: vendor contact, vendor fax. Hit enter each time.
- Enter date needed: example: 031002 (March 10, 2002). Hit enter
- Leave message field blank.
- Enter requested by, ship to name and building. Address code is 1. Hit enter
- Via — leave blank, press enter
- Press "F7" to add your budget transfer information. Press enter.
- Enter G.L. account number information. Do not put dashes or spaces in your account number. You can press F9 to get a list of all the accounts available to you or enter the account number if you know it.
- Description of request: example "debit this account" or "credit this account" Hit enter.
- Revision amount: enter the amount you wish to transfer. Enter a (-) negative sign in front of the amount you are transferring from. Hit enter.
- Press "F7" again to enter a positive dollar amount in the account you are transferring to. THESE AMOUNTS MUST BE IN WHOLE DOLLARS—NO CENTS.
- To exit, press "F10". At the $ sign type lo (log out).
Note: Budget transfer requests must equal out to a zero amount. Example: 1010-0401-XXXX —positive $20.00 and 1010-0401-XXXX —$20.00 negative equal zero.
If you need additional information, refer to the detailed DPS Approvers Handout, pages 1-5.Help Desk: Suzette Radke, Controller