Military Deployment Policy – Buena Vista University
The following options are applicable to a student who is a member or the spouse of a member if the member has a dependent child, of the Iowa National Guard or Reserve Forces of the United States and who is ordered to National Guard duty or federal active duty:
- Withdraw from the student’s entire registration and receive a full refund of tuition and mandatory fees.
- Make arrangements with the student’s instructors for course grades, or for incompletes that shall be completed by the student at a later date. If such arrangements are made, the student’s registration shall remain intact and tuition and mandatory fees shall be assessed for the courses in full.
- Make arrangements with only some of the student’s instructors for grades or for incompletes that shall be completed by the student at a later date. If such arrangements are made, the registration for those courses shall remain intact and tuition and mandatory fees shall be assessed for those courses.
Any course for which arrangements cannot be made for grades or incompletes shall be considered dropped and the tuition and mandatory fees for the course refunded.
As used in this lettered paragraph, “dependent child” means the same as defined in section 260C.14, subsection 14, paragraph ‘b’, subparagraph (2), subparagraph division (a).
Readmission following Call to Active Duty and/or Deployment
- Upon receipt of notice from students of their intent to return to Buena Vista University, they will be promptly readmitted with the same academic status they had when last attending or when accepted for admission.
- Additionally, students will retain the catalog rights that were in place at the time of their deployment as long as readmission is within seven years of the initial admission. If after the seven year window, current catalog requirements will be followed.
SOURCE: Iowa College Student Aid Commission, Payment Certification for the 2015-16 Academic Year Accredited Private Institution