- Ranged from $602 to $5,645 for 2013-14 for eligible students for a full-year, full-time award.
- Individual awards are determined based on federal formula.
- Payment is calculated for full-time enrollment (12 or more hours per semester), 3/4 time enrollment (9-11 hours per semester), or half-time enrollment (6-8 hours per semester).
- Students enrolled less than half-time may also be eligible.
- To be considered, the results of your valid application must reach BVU while you are still enrolled.
- Students with prior baccalaureate degree are not eligible
Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant
- Available to students who show exceptional financial need and are eligible for a Federal Pell Grant.
- Partially federally funded, but awarding is controlled by the University.
- Because funding is limited, priority is given to students who complete the FAFSA by June 1 and list Buena Vista University on the application.
Robert C. Byrd Scholarship
- Up to $1,500
- Made available by the federal government in the form of grants provided to the state.
- Students can apply through the Iowa College Student Aid Commission.
- Evidence of financial need is not a requirement.
To receive a TEACH Grant, students must:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) before the yearly deadline, although financial need is not required.
- Meet eligibility requirements for federal student aid.
- Meet one of the following academic achievement requirements:
- Score above the 75th percentile on a college admissions test (e.g. SAT, ACT, GRE, or
- Graduate from high school with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.25 (on a 4.0 scale) to receive a grant as a freshman, or
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.25 (on a 4.0 scale) on college course work to receive a grant for each subsequent term.
- Students enrolled in the post-baccalaureate education program are not eligible.