To open the application process, the applicant must enroll in course EXSC 160- Observation. This is the managing course for the Student Mentorship Experience. Completion of this program is required for application. Application for admission to the Athletic Training Education Program is contingent upon several factors including the student satisfactorily completing the following prerequisites:
- Completion of written application.
- Two rotations of athletic training directed observation Student Mentor Experience, with four (4) evaluations from observations turned into ATEP Director.
- A 2.50 major grade point average (GPA) in courses required for the major while maintaining good academic standing in accordance with the university catalog.
- At the time of application, a student must have taken or be currently enrolled in EXSC 140 Functional Human Anatomy, EXSC 160 Athletic Training Observation, EXSC 170 Fundamentals of Athletic Training, EXSC 173 Techniques of Athletic Training and EXSC 251 First Aid & Injury Prevention.
- Two letters of recommendation (not to be written by any member of the Athletic Training Education Program Review Committee) are required to support the candidacy of the student in the ATEP. The form for the letter will be provided.
- Completion of the BVU Technical Standards form.
- Applicants will be scheduled for a formal interview with the Athletic Training Education Review Committee consisting of the Athletic Training Education Program Director, Clinical Education Coordinator, Certified members of the BVU Athletic Training staff, and Selected Athletic Training Students. Interview times will be announced following a review of applications.
- Demonstration of appropriate clinical performance and conduct, including:
- reliability and responsibility
- appearance and proper dress
- communication skills
- training room attitude and discipline
- cooperative work ethic
For further information, please visit www.nata.org.