Baccalaureate and Commencement will be held on Saturday, May 25, 2013. Faculty members and administrative personnel designated by the President are expected to take part unless for some valid reason you find it impossible to do so. In such case, you are requested to inform the Office of the VPAA/Dean of the Faculty (749.2243) no later than Friday, May 3 so we can prepare the seating chart.
Faculty needing to rent academic apparel should place their order with Herff Jones no later than 11:59 p.m. on Friday, April 12. Orders placed after that date will be assessed a $25.00 rush order fee. Please use the following Herff Jones web site to place your order:
- customer number: 14000335000
- order number: 1914659
If you have ordered from them in past years, your information will be on file. Please review your information and make any necessary changes. If you haven't ordered from them in the past, you will need to submit your information. You need to click the "submit" button to place your order.
Regalia rental orders will be available for pick up in Anderson Auditorium as follows:
- Wednesday, May 22 – Friday, May 24, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m
- Saturday, May 25, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- 10:30 a.m., Schaller Chapel
- a special BVU News announcement will be sent out regarding this contemporary service
- All faculty are encouraged to attend – there will be no procession for this service.
- 2:30 p.m., Siebens Fieldhouse
- All campus and GPS faculty/directors are to assemble in Dixon-Eilers, Room 209 at 1:45 p.m. In case of rain, faculty will assemble in the Lamberti Recreation Center
All graduates will assemble, process and graduate by the school of their major rather than the location that they attended (see order of procession below). Diplomas will be mailed to the graduates after grades are submitted.
- BVU Army ROTC Color Guard
- Faculty Marshal
- Platform party
- Faculty (campus)
- Faculty (GPS)
- Student Marshals
- Master of Education
- Master of Science
- Communication & Arts – Storm Lake
- Communication & Arts – GPS
- Science – Storm Lake
- Business – Storm Lake
- Business – GPS
- Social Science – Storm Lake
- Social Science – GPS
- Education – Storm Lake
- Education – GPS
I look forward to seeing you at the Commencement weekend events.